Please reschedule if you have or anyone in your household has experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days:
- A high temperature
- A new continuous cough – this means coughing for over an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- A sore throat, congestion or a runny nose
- Unexplained headaches, whole body muscle aches or leg cramps
- Unexplained rashes especially on feet and toes
- Or, if you or anyone in you household has been diagnosed with Covid-19 or exposed to someone who has Covid-19 in the last 14 days
Massage is designated as personal retail services, so properly wearing a face mask is mandatory for both of us during the entirety of your massage & time in the building.
When you arrive:
- Please call from your car (or outside if you walked) so that I might ask you COVID screening questions.
- After screening when you enter the building please wash your hands before coming into the office. You are welcome to use the restroom if needed, as it is cleaned and sanitized between each client including all touch points such as faucets, flush, door handles, and seat.
- To safeguard the other occupants in the suite, the waiting room is off limits for use. You are the only one allowed during your appointment, please do not bring others with you.
- Please avoid bringing any unnecessary items with you to your appointment such as shopping bags.
- When removing any personnel items like watches, earrings or necklace, please put them in your pockets, bag or purse if possible.
- There’s a large plastic box under the chair to store your clothes and belongings during the session that is cleaned and sanitized after each client leaves.
All surfaces, touch points, and seating in the treatment room are cleaned & disinfected between each client.
As always, linens are changed after each client and the treatment table & face cushion are always sanitized after each client.
Instead of fabric covers on the bolsters and the face cradle, I’ve begun using disposable covers. I have also suspended the use of eye pillows and have switched out the upholstered chair for one easily cleaned.
I can wear gloves if you ask me to, but there’s good evidence that regular hand washing and sanitizing is far more effective at controlling the spread of Coronavirus than wearing and constantly changing gloves. As always, I wash my hands and forearms before and after I work on each client.
My priority is your health (of course!) and my goal with these protocols is to keep everyone safe and reduce any increased risk to all involved. Please let me know if you have any questions and if there is anything else I can do to make you feel as at ease as possible when coming in for your appointments.